Sandakphu Phalut Trek is an exceptionally well known Himalayan trek and is an absolute necessity improve the situation all the experience searchers and nature sweethearts. This trek is set around the renowned Singalila Ridge that is arranged at the southern end of a long pinnacle, which keeps running down from the Kanchendzongha edge and develops the edge among Sikkim and Nepal. This intriguing trek begins from New Jalpaiguri from where you will begin your trek.
Are trekking shoes mandatory for the trek?
Trekking shoes are usually more comfortable and make your trek easier but are not mandatory. Shoes which provide good grip and high ankle support are important.
What all documents do I need to carry during the trek?
You just need to carry and original ID card and a photograph.
Do we get mobile signals during the trek ?
Usually there are no networks during the trek. You may get intermittent signals at some points.
Are smoking and drinking permitted during the trek?
Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited at high altitudes for your own good.
Do we require a trekking pole during the trek?
Trekking pole provides you extra support during the treks , it helps you share the weight of the backpack you are carrying. You can carry a trekking pole otherwise you can use a sturdy fallen branch on the trail and use it for support.
What is the source of drinking water during the treks?
Usually you are suggested to carry adequate amount of water with you, but even if your run out of water then natural streams , rivers or water springs are also safe to drink water from.
What kind of food is provided during the trek ?
An all around arranged menu appropriate for high altitude treks. Breakfast fluctuates from bread and butter, semia, poha to sandwiches and cornflakes. Lunch essentially contains roti or puri with sabzi. Dinner is finished with Dal, rice, roti. You may carry nuts , biscuits or energy bars if you wish to.
Can we expect rains during treks ?
Sudden showers are possible as weather can change unexpectedly at high altitudes, always carry a light rain coat or water proof windcheater/poncho.
1. Backpack with rain cover. Qty -1
2. Headtorch/Torch with spare Batteries. Qty -1
3. U V protection sunglasses. Qty -1
4. 1 Litre water bottle. Qty -2
1. Non-skid deep treaded hiking shoes Qty -1
2. Pair of light weight Slipper/Sandals Qty -1
1. Quick Dry Warm lower or Track Pants. Qty – 2
2. Full sleeves T-shirts/ Sweatshirts. 1 for every 2 days of trekking
3. Pair of thick woolen socks. 1 pair for every two days of trekking
4. Thermal Body warmer Upper & Lower. Qty-1
5. Undergarments. Qty – 1 for every day of trekking
6. Warm jacket closed at wrist & neck .Qty-1
7. Full sleeves sweater. Qty -1
8. Rain wear ( Jacket & Pants ) . Qty-1
9. Pair of Warm Gloves. Qty-1
10. Woolen cap. Qty-1
11. Sun shielding Cap/Hat. Qty -1
1. Personal toiletries kit (Small Towel, Toilet paper, paper soap, Bar soap, toothbrush,
toothpaste, cold cream etc.).
2. Sun screen lotion small pack . Qty -1
3. Lip Balm small pack. Qty-1
1. Camera (Optional)
2. Carry your medicines in plenty in case you have any specific ailment. Consult your doctor
before joining the trek.
3. Dry fruits, Nuts, Chocolate bars, Energy bars (Optional)
Mandatory Documents To Carry
1. Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (adhar card, driving license,
voters ID, etc.)
- 05 Nights accommodation during the trek on sharing basis ( Quad / Dorm).
- All veg meals from Dinner at Khopidara / Jaubari on Day 1st to Breakfast at Sepi on Day 6th.
- Micro spikes (if required) – As per the snow condition.
- All necessary fees and permits for Indian residence are included.
- Qualified and experienced Trek Leader and support staff.
- Evening Tea with light snacks during the trek.
- Basic First Aid Medical Kit.
- Any Meals during Transit or not mentioned above in inclusion.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
- All fees and permit for Non- Indian Residence are excluded.
- Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag.
- Anything not mentioned explicitly in the above program.
- Transport NJP to Khopidara / Jaubari and Sepi to NJP
- Unscheduled stay due to landslide.
- Cost Escalation due to “Force Majeure” and evacuation charges
- ALL INCLUSIVESandakphu TrekRs.9,750
- REGION: Uttarakhand
- MAX ALTITUDE: 3,734 metres
- DIFFICULTY: Moderate
- DURATION: 6 days
- TREK DISTANCE: 21 Km