PRASHAR LAKE TREK
Every trek is special in its own way. But Prashar Lake Trek has something to offer you which most treks cannot- what you ask? An easy trek offering you thrilling views, making you reach your peaceful destination in a SINGLE day! Undoubtedly, it is one of the most sought-after weekend treks, and with reason. Needless to say, the weather here ranges from slightly cold to really cold, depending on the month you visit. The temperature varies from 1-12 degrees during summers and -5 to 10 degrees during winters. The lake rests at an altitude of 2730 meters (approximately 8900 feet) The best time to visit Prashar Lake depends wholly upon your preference. To witness the green Himalayan meadows, choose the months of April–November to complete this trek. Snow lovers can traverse this route during the months of November-March.
Renowned for its spiritual significance, the Prashar lake is considered a mystery, even to its own villagers! Read on to know why. It’s said that the famous Sage Prashar used to meditate on the banks of this pristine lake, and to support this claim is the equally astounding Prashar Temple just besides the lake. Architecturally marvelous, the 3 storied temple is built in Pagoda style and carved with wood. Astonishingly, the wood is said to have been carved from a single Deodar tree!
Your trail will start from Panarsa from where you will be transported to Jwalapur village, driving through enthralling scenes over a distance of 25 kilometers. The village known better for its beautiful apple orchards will mark the beginning of your foot trail towards your destination. Here onwards, you’ll traverse woodlands with abundance of trees and open meadows offering panoramic views of the Dhauladar, Pir Panjal and Kinnaur ranges. Indeed, a sight to capture in your heart forever,The trail is covered in 4-6 hours over a distance of 9 kilometers.
You might have seen the pictures of Prashar Lake from the top on your desktops/mobiles. But to be there, in all the beauty of the place, and really living each moment as it is – tranquil, simple and humble – is the best of all blessings. The scenery might inspire your soul to ignite or become wholly at peace, we don’t know which one to assume. But the visit comes with best results, irrespective of how you perceive it. To reveal the mystery quotient to you now, the lake boasts of a small floating island on it, which changes it position on the lake according to its own opinion.
The villagers have remarked that the position doesn’t change for months at a time, and abruptly, can be found to have changed over the course of a single night! Ah, the intricacies and suspense of the nature is what keeps the wonder alive. You’ll be very pleased to know that you have a whole night to enjoy your surroundings and absorb the views into the very depths of your being. Be wise, and carry your woolens. Fill your heart up with the starry sky and sleep in a place, which in itself is a mesmerizing lullaby.
The next day will call for you to descend back to your village. A fresh opportunity to view the world from the other side and to capture what you had missed yesterday. So much has happened within 24 hours, it’s impossible to believe but I guess, that is the magic of the Prashar Lake Trek. Contact us for getting the best arrangements and deals for this trek. Any doubts will be resolved through our helpline or email address. Share your nature bounty pictures with us because we feature exclusive content from our travelers on our Instagram feed Tripffee Much love, Much Travel!
Are trekking shoes mandatory for the trek?
Trekking shoes are usually more comfortable and make your trek easier but are not mandatory. Shoes which provide good grip and high ankle support are important.
What all documents do I need to carry during the trek?
You just need to carry and original ID card and a photograph.
Do we get mobile signals during the trek ?
Usually there are no networks during the trek. You may get intermittent signals at some points.
Are smoking and drinking permitted during the trek?
Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited at high altitudes for your own good.
Do we require a trekking pole during the trek?
Trekking pole provides you extra support during the treks , it helps you share the weight of the backpack you are carrying. You can carry a trekking pole otherwise you can use a sturdy fallen branch on the trail and use it for support.
What is the source of drinking water during the treks?
Usually you are suggested to carry adequate amount of water with you, but even if your run out of water then natural streams , rivers or water springs are also safe to drink water from.
What kind of food is provided during the trek ?
An all around arranged menu appropriate for high altitude treks. Breakfast fluctuates from bread and butter, semia, poha to sandwiches and cornflakes. Lunch essentially contains roti or puri with sabzi. Dinner is finished with Dal, rice, roti. You may carry nuts , biscuits or energy bars if you wish to.
Can we expect rains during treks ?
Sudden showers are possible as weather can change unexpectedly at high altitudes, always carry a light rain coat or water proof windcheater/poncho.
1. Backpack with rain cover. Qty -1
2. Headtorch/Torch with spare Batteries. Qty -1
3. U V protection sunglasses. Qty -1
4. 1 Litre water bottle. Qty -2
1. Non-skid deep treaded hiking shoes Qty -1
2. Pair of light weight Slipper/Sandals Qty -1
1. Quick Dry Warm lower or Track Pants. Qty – 2
2. Full sleeves T-shirts/ Sweatshirts. 1 for every 2 days of trekking
3. Pair of thick woolen socks. 1 pair for every two days of trekking
4. Thermal Body warmer Upper & Lower. Qty-1
5. Undergarments. Qty – 1 for every day of trekking
6. Warm jacket closed at wrist & neck .Qty-1
7. Full sleeves sweater. Qty -1
8. Rain wear ( Jacket & Pants ) . Qty-1
9. Pair of Warm Gloves. Qty-1
10. Woolen cap. Qty-1
11. Sun shielding Cap/Hat. Qty -1
1. Personal toiletries kit (Small Towel, Toilet paper, paper soap, Bar soap, toothbrush,
toothpaste, cold cream etc.).
2. Sun screen lotion small pack . Qty -1
3. Lip Balm small pack. Qty-1
1. Camera (Optional)
2. Carry your medicines in plenty in case you have any specific ailment. Consult your doctor
before joining the trek.
3. Dry fruits, Nuts, Chocolate bars, Energy bars (Optional)
Mandatory Documents To Carry
1. Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (adhar card, driving license,
voters ID, etc.)
- 5 meals (2lunch, 2breakfast, 1 dinner)
- Transit room on the day of arrival in Panarsa for both days
- Cloak rooms at Pandora homestay for your extra luggage
- Camps at Prashar lake
- Certified guide
- Non-veg and Wines
- Porter if needed & hired
- Any Extra meals or Snacks or juice or water that you purchase
- Anything which is not part of inclusion
- ALL INCLUSIVEPrashar Lake TrekRs.2,800
- REGION: Himachal Pradesh
- MAX ALTITUDE: 2,730 metres
- DIFFICULTY: Easy-Moderate
- DURATION: 2 days
- TREK DISTANCE: 12 Km