NAG TIBBA TREK
Perfect for beginner and mature trekkers alike, Nag Tibba trek offers thrilling views of the Himalayan ranges accomplished over a mere weekend. Nag Tibba translates to the Serpent Peak and the inhabitants of this region worship the ‘Nag Devta’ or ‘Serpent God’ for safekeeping of their cattle from any harm. The Summit of Nag Tibba trek is at an altitude of 3,033 metres (9,915 feet). The weather of this region remains pleasant during the summers and very cold in the winters. Nag Tibba temperature varies from 8 to 17 degrees in the daytime and -7 to 7 degrees in the nighttime depending on the season you visit. Nag Tibba trek distance is approx 10 kms from the base camps in Pantwari. The best time to embark on this trek is from September to March, but if you’re an adventurer at heart, any time might be worthy of this weekend trail!
The trek is approximately 2km from the starting point of our trek. It will be a pleasant walk with gradual ascend with a perfect view to enjoy just as we enter the trail taking us through the forest cover. The last 20 minutes before the camp will be a steep climb. We reach the camps. Enjoy the view , explore the surroundings and rest for the night.
You can visit the temple and proceed towards the Nag Tibba summit through the dense forest. It will be a steep climb here on till the Summit. You will be able to see a Nag Tibba Jhandi (flag) when you are about to reach the Summit. Enjoy the spectacular view once your reach the Nag-Tibba summit and begin your trek back to the camps. Enjoy your lunch at the camp and trek towards Panthwari. From Panthwari your cabs will take you back to Dehradun.
An amicable route of 85 kilometers from Dehradun to Pantwari village takes you through Mussoorie, Kempty falls, along the Yamuna River Valley. The four-hour drive is spent relaxing and absorbing the breathtaking views your vehicle drives you through. From Pantwari village, you initiate your trek. As you walk on, your trekking road will slowly transition into a rough forest trail. While crossing the forest areas, you will often come across motorable roads made for vehicles to climb up to the base camp.
A few kilometers into the trek, you’ll find The Goat Village, a heaven curated in the hills of Garhwal hills at an altitude of 2000 meters. Locals here are engaged in goat farming. Proceeding some more (two kilometers ahead), you’ll reach your destination for the day. Nearby you will spot the Nag Tibba temple, where you may pay your respects to the Snake God, who has a significant position in the Human Mythology and beliefs.
The base camp is at the edge of a forest, a clear meadow with fresh air and the astonishing view of the transparent skies and high-altitude meadows. Post dinner, relax under the stars with your chai or coffee in your hand. Sleep tight and get excited for the next day, a lot more beauty yet to be experienced! The next day will call for some great enthusiasm from your side. Wake to an early morning and after having your breakfast, proceed upwards.
It’s going to get steeper before it gets better. There’s raw and untouched nature to be relished here as you trek the dense deodar forest uphill. The trail will be worth every sweat. Post walking through a ridge, as you reach the Nag Tibba Uttarakhand Summit, you’ll be taken aback by the enthralling sight of the Lower Himalayan ranges, and the Bandarpoonch, Gangotri, Swargrohini, Kala Naga ranges on one side of the ridge. Reward yourself with rest for making it to the top. Capture memories and the happiness in your heart and soul!
You’ll wonder how you managed to miss this trek when it was within your reach all this time! A view as good as this! Why didn’t you come here sooner?! Well, worry not because Tripffee has got you covered with a multitude of trekking destinations and memories that will accompany you for a lifetime, even after the trek is over! Now, spot the descending trail that will lead you back to your base camp. Freshen up with lunch and refreshments and proceed towards Nawgano road where you’ll be driven back to Dehradun/ Mussoorie.
We highly suggest you choose Nag tibba trek, especially when time is of the essence and your expectation in terms of views and surroundings is high. Do not forget to share your pictures with us, as repeat travelers get loyalty points and we feature exclusive photographs clicked by our travelers on our Instagram feed Tripffee. Hop on this trekking trail and come back with a bag full of memories!
- Transport from Dehradun to Pantwari and Return.
- Accommodation during Trek (Camping) on triple sharing basis.
- Meals while on trek (All veg meals from day 1st Lunch to till day 2nd lunch)
- Basic First Aid medical kit.
- All logistic during the trek.
- Morning Evening Tea/ Coffee with light snacks during the trek.
- Qualified and experienced Trek Guide and support staff.
- All fees and permits.
- Non-veg and Wines
- Porter if needed & hired
- Any Extra meals or Snacks or juice or water that you purchase
- Anything which is not part of inclusion
1. Backpack with rain cover. Qty -1
2. Headtorch/Torch with spare Batteries. Qty -1
3. U V protection sunglasses. Qty -1
4. 1 Litre water bottle. Qty -2
1. Non-skid deep treaded hiking shoes Qty -1
2. Pair of light weight Slipper/Sandals Qty -1
1. Quick Dry Warm lower or Track Pants. Qty – 2
2. Full sleeves T-shirts/ Sweatshirts. 1 for every 2 days of trekking
3. Pair of thick woolen socks. 1 pair for every two days of trekking
4. Thermal Body warmer Upper & Lower. Qty-1
5. Undergarments. Qty – 1 for every day of trekking
6. Warm jacket closed at wrist & neck .Qty-1
7. Full sleeves sweater. Qty -1
8. Rain wear ( Jacket & Pants ) . Qty-1
9. Pair of Warm Gloves. Qty-1
10. Woolen cap. Qty-1
11. Sun shielding Cap/Hat. Qty -1
1. Personal toiletries kit (Small Towel, Toilet paper, paper soap, Bar soap, toothbrush,
toothpaste, cold cream etc.).
2. Sun screen lotion small pack . Qty -1
3. Lip Balm small pack. Qty-1
1. Camera (Optional)
2. Carry your medicines in plenty in case you have any specific ailment. Consult your doctor
before joining the trek.
3. Dry fruits, Nuts, Chocolate bars, Energy bars (Optional)
Mandatory Documents To Carry
1. Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (adhar card, driving license,
voters ID, etc.)
Are trekking shoes mandatory for the trek?
Trekking shoes are usually more comfortable and make your trek easier but are not mandatory. Shoes which provide good grip and high ankle support are important.
What all documents do I need to carry during the trek?
You just need to carry and original ID card and a photograph.
Do we get mobile signals during the trek ?
Usually there are no networks during the trek. You may get intermittent signals at some points.
Are smoking and drinking permitted during the trek?
Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited at high altitudes for your own good.
Do we require a trekking pole during the trek?
Trekking pole provides you extra support during the treks , it helps you share the weight of the backpack you are carrying. You can carry a trekking pole otherwise you can use a sturdy fallen branch on the trail and use it for support.
What is the source of drinking water during the treks?
Usually you are suggested to carry adequate amount of water with you, but even if your run out of water then natural streams , rivers or water springs are also safe to drink water from.
What kind of food is provided during the trek ?
An all around arranged menu appropriate for high altitude treks. Breakfast fluctuates from bread and butter, semia, poha to sandwiches and cornflakes. Lunch essentially contains roti or puri with sabzi. Dinner is finished with Dal, rice, roti. You may carry nuts , biscuits or energy bars if you wish to.
Can we expect rains during treks ?
Sudden showers are possible as weather can change unexpectedly at high altitudes, always carry a light rain coat or water proof windcheater/poncho.
- Plus 5% GSTNag Tibba TrekRs.3,499
- REGION: Uttarakhand
- MAX ALTITUDE: 3,022 metres
- DIFFICULTY: Easy-Moderate
- DURATION: 2 days
- TREK DISTANCE: 10 Km
ASK US ANYTHING
GET IN TOUCH WITH OUR TRAVEL EXPERT
For Any Questions Call 9891157557 / 7011546832