KUARI PASS TREK
The Kuari Pass trek is known as The Curzon Trail (named after the previous British Viceroy Of India “Master Curzon”).
The perspectives on the Winter Kuari Pass trek are regularly refered to as the best in the Indian Himalayas. It isn’t difficult to find why. Toward the north of the Winter Kuari Pass trek is the Chaukhamba Range, while the summits of Mana (7,272 m), Kamet (7,756 m) and Abl Gamin (7,355 m) stretch out to the Tibet fringe.
In the center closer view, various fantastic pinnacles including Dunagiri (7,066 m) and Changabang (6,864 m) encase the Nanda Devi Sanctuary while toward the west the snowcapped ranges reach out to Gangotri.
Are trekking shoes mandatory for the trek?
Trekking shoes are usually more comfortable and make your trek easier but are not mandatory. Shoes which provide good grip and high ankle support are important.
What all documents do I need to carry during the trek?
You just need to carry and original ID card and a photograph.
Do we get mobile signals during the trek ?
Usually there are no networks during the trek. You may get intermittent signals at some points.
Are smoking and drinking permitted during the trek?
Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited at high altitudes for your own good.
Do we require a trekking pole during the trek?
Trekking pole provides you extra support during the treks , it helps you share the weight of the backpack you are carrying. You can carry a trekking pole otherwise you can use a sturdy fallen branch on the trail and use it for support.
What is the source of drinking water during the treks?
Usually you are suggested to carry adequate amount of water with you, but even if your run out of water then natural streams , rivers or water springs are also safe to drink water from.
What kind of food is provided during the trek ?
An all around arranged menu appropriate for high altitude treks. Breakfast fluctuates from bread and butter, semia, poha to sandwiches and cornflakes. Lunch essentially contains roti or puri with sabzi. Dinner is finished with Dal, rice, roti. You may carry nuts , biscuits or energy bars if you wish to.
Can we expect rains during treks ?
Sudden showers are possible as weather can change unexpectedly at high altitudes, always carry a light rain coat or water proof windcheater/poncho.
1. Backpack with rain cover. Qty -1
2. Headtorch/Torch with spare Batteries. Qty -1
3. U V protection sunglasses. Qty -1
4. 1 Litre water bottle. Qty -2
1. Non-skid deep treaded hiking shoes Qty -1
2. Pair of light weight Slipper/Sandals Qty -1
1. Quick Dry Warm lower or Track Pants. Qty – 2
2. Full sleeves T-shirts/ Sweatshirts. 1 for every 2 days of trekking
3. Pair of thick woolen socks. 1 pair for every two days of trekking
4. Thermal Body warmer Upper & Lower. Qty-1
5. Undergarments. Qty – 1 for every day of trekking
6. Warm jacket closed at wrist & neck .Qty-1
7. Full sleeves sweater. Qty -1
8. Rain wear ( Jacket & Pants ) . Qty-1
9. Pair of Warm Gloves. Qty-1
10. Woolen cap. Qty-1
11. Sun shielding Cap/Hat. Qty -1
1. Personal toiletries kit (Small Towel, Toilet paper, paper soap, Bar soap, toothbrush,
toothpaste, cold cream etc.).
2. Sun screen lotion small pack . Qty -1
3. Lip Balm small pack. Qty-1
1. Camera (Optional)
2. Carry your medicines in plenty in case you have any specific ailment. Consult your doctor
before joining the trek.
3. Dry fruits, Nuts, Chocolate bars, Energy bars (Optional)
Mandatory Documents To Carry
1. Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (adhar card, driving license,
voters ID, etc.)
- All veg meals from day 2nd lunch to till day 5th lunch
- 03 Nights Tented Accommodation on triple sharing basis.
- Guest House / Hotel in Joshimath / Govindghat on triple sharing basis.
- Morning, evening Tea/Coffee with light snacks.
- All necessary fees and permits.
- Qualified and experienced Trek Guide and support staff.
- All camping gears complying with International standards
- Basic First Aid Medical Kits.
- Surface transfer from Haridwar – Joshimath – Haridwar
- Meals in Joshimath and while transit.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
- Insurance of any kind.
- Any cost incurred due to natural reasons.
- Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag.
- Anything not mentioned explicitly in the above program.
ALL INCLUSIVEKuari Pass TrekRs.10,500
- REGION: Uttarakhand
- MAX ALTITUDE: 3,815 metres
- DIFFICULTY: Easy-Moderate
- DURATION: 6 days
- TREK DISTANCE: 30 Km
The impressive snow-capped ridge, including Chaukhamba 1 (7138 m), can be seen beyond Joshimath. The shepherds living between here and the Kuari Pass Trek are from Rishikesh or Haridwar and graze flocks of sheep and goats throughout summer. There is a small spring line at the head of the meadow for replenishing your water supply.