BHRIGU LAKE TREK
Bhrigu Lake Trek originates from Gulaba which is at a distance of 24kms from Manali and goes all the way up to Bhrigu Lake resting at an altitude of 14,000 feet. The trail goes on for approximately 25 kms completed over 2-3 days. The lake lies in the upper Kullu Valley, lying eastwards of Rohtang Pass. The weather ranges from icy cold to cool depending on the month you visit. The temperature ranges between 25 degrees(daytime) and 5 degrees(in the nighttime) during summers and 15 degrees(daytime) and goes down to even -7 degrees (yes, negative!) during winters. So choose wisely folks! The best time to visit is from mid May- October, even then must remain cautious of the monsoons.
We believe that Bhrigu Lake trek is one of the most underrated treks in India. Why? Simply because it’s different from all the treks that you might have been to, it’s extraordinary! Enchanting! Inexplicable! Did we do a good job at explaining? We’re not sure because you just HAVE to be there to see it from your own eyes and to feel it within the depths of your soul. Nature is a blessing indeed. It makes us feel all those things that our minds couldn’t have fostered sitting in our homes.
Your amazement will begin on your drive to Gulaba village where you’ll be hooked to looking outside your window – lush trees, views of famous peaks and quaint hill towns of Kolang, Pothi and Kalchan to keep you company throughout your drive. The easy trek to your campsite here will be a pleasant 90 minutes full of wonder and excitement, of the days to follow and the sights to see! From here you will trek to the grasslands of Rola Khuli. Nature lovers will not miss the grandeur of the trees here. Majestic, tall and beautiful, they fit in perfectly with the background of Mt. Tibba and Seven Sisters peaks seated comfortably below it.
On your way to Rola Khuli, you merge into a green carpet of unending grasslands. It’s bizarre how people don’t know about the existence of alpine meadows like these in India! Everyone deserves to feel the aura of these exhilarating meadows which can be traveled to without many resources. The grounds here are used by shepherds for grazing their animals. It’s a sweet camping spot as well! After taking due rest, the next segment of your trek will call for changes in your scenery and trail. The trek starts early and requires you to climb steeper as you get closer to the lake.
You will traverse through 5 kilometers of snowy (pre June) or rocky(post June) route and lap through boulders with caution. On reaching the lake, with an altitude of 14,500 feet! – the surreal view will captivate you to say the least. Regardless of the weather you visit in, you will want to spend ample time here. But you must reach your camps back in time for the weather to remain in your favor. Coming down is an adventure in itself! It will almost be like you’re seeing everything again from a new set of eyes. Completing this trek will add a feather in your cap, a massive personal achievement, setting you up for much bigger things.
We highly recommend going on this trek and seeing the extreme beauty of the nature with your own eyes. We are top advocates of adventure and fun, as long as it’s embarked upon with diligence and care. Tripffee can help you experience this divine beauty. Don’t forget to share your pictures with us, we feature chosen pictures of our trekkers on our Instagram Feed Tripffee!
Are trekking shoes mandatory for the trek?
Trekking shoes are usually more comfortable and make your trek easier but are not mandatory. Shoes which provide good grip and high ankle support are important.
What all documents do I need to carry during the trek?
You just need to carry and original ID card and a photograph.
Do we get mobile signals during the trek ?
Usually there are no networks during the trek. You may get intermittent signals at some points.
Are smoking and drinking permitted during the trek?
Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited at high altitudes for your own good.
Do we require a trekking pole during the trek?
Trekking pole provides you extra support during the treks , it helps you share the weight of the backpack you are carrying. You can carry a trekking pole otherwise you can use a sturdy fallen branch on the trail and use it for support.
What is the source of drinking water during the treks?
Usually you are suggested to carry adequate amount of water with you, but even if your run out of water then natural streams , rivers or water springs are also safe to drink water from.
What kind of food is provided during the trek ?
An all around arranged menu appropriate for high altitude treks. Breakfast fluctuates from bread and butter, semia, poha to sandwiches and cornflakes. Lunch essentially contains roti or puri with sabzi. Dinner is finished with Dal, rice, roti. You may carry nuts , biscuits or energy bars if you wish to.
Can we expect rains during treks ?
Sudden showers are possible as weather can change unexpectedly at high altitudes, always carry a light rain coat or water proof windcheater/poncho.
1. Backpack with rain cover. Qty -1
2. Headtorch/Torch with spare Batteries. Qty -1
3. U V protection sunglasses. Qty -1
4. 1 Litre water bottle. Qty -2
1. Non-skid deep treaded hiking shoes Qty -1
2. Pair of light weight Slipper/Sandals Qty -1
1. Quick Dry Warm lower or Track Pants. Qty – 2
2. Full sleeves T-shirts/ Sweatshirts. 1 for every 2 days of trekking
3. Pair of thick woolen socks. 1 pair for every two days of trekking
4. Thermal Body warmer Upper & Lower. Qty-1
5. Undergarments. Qty – 1 for every day of trekking
6. Warm jacket closed at wrist & neck .Qty-1
7. Full sleeves sweater. Qty -1
8. Rain wear ( Jacket & Pants ) . Qty-1
9. Pair of Warm Gloves. Qty-1
10. Woolen cap. Qty-1
11. Sun shielding Cap/Hat. Qty -1
1. Personal toiletries kit (Small Towel, Toilet paper, paper soap, Bar soap, toothbrush,
toothpaste, cold cream etc.).
2. Sun screen lotion small pack . Qty -1
3. Lip Balm small pack. Qty-1
1. Camera (Optional)
2. Carry your medicines in plenty in case you have any specific ailment. Consult your doctor
before joining the trek.
3. Dry fruits, Nuts, Chocolate bars, Energy bars (Optional)
Mandatory Documents To Carry
1. Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (adhar card, driving license,
voters ID, etc.)
- All Veg meals on Day 2nd to Day 3 and breakfast on day 4
- 02 Nights Tented accommodations on triple sharing basis.
- All necessary fees and permits for Indian residence are included.
- Morning, evening Tea/ Coffee served with light snacks during the trek.
- Surface transfer from Manali to Manali ( As per the Itinerary)
- Qualified and experienced Trek Leader and support staff.
- Basic First Aid Medical Kit.
- Any Meals during Transit.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
- All fees and permit for Non-Indian Residence are excluded
- Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag.
- Anything not mentioned explicitly in the above program.
- Cost Escalation due to "Force Majeure" and evacuation charges.
- Plus 5% GSTBhrigu Lake TrekRs.6,200
- REGION: Himachal Pradesh
- MAX ALTITUDE: 4,300 metres
- DIFFICULTY: Moderate
- DURATION: 3 days
- TREK DISTANCE: 22 Km
cross a stream and start ascending a ridge, after crossing it we reach the Brighu Lake. Spend some quality time and explore the area, gather some memories before its time to return back to Rola kholi campsite. Overnight stay in campsite at Rola Kholi.
The trek is easy as it has a moderate descend throughout and will take around 3-4 hours to reach Gulaba. A quick lunch at Gulaba and we drive back to Manali.