BEAS KUND TREK
The Beas Kund Trek originates from Solang Valley all the way up to origin of the Beas river. The time taken to reach Beas Kund is generally 8-9 hours . Beas Kund trek distance is 14 kms. Beas Kund altitude is approximately 1700 meters. It’s moderately difficult to climb but it will be so worth it. Beas, a mythologically significant lake, trekking up to its origin is nothing short of alluring. You will experience views you thought one could only see in paradise. The best time to go on a trek to Beas Kund is Mid-May to Mid-October and average temperature is 3.9 degrees. The obvious essentials are your warm clothes, gloves, sunglasses, sunscreen, water proof shoes and most importantly, your zeal!
After breakfast, we start our descent back to Solang via Dhundi. Vehicles will be waiting for us there at Dhundi/Solang from here we travel back to Manali, where you can board buses the same day or stay the night at a hotel.
The trail of the trek leads you to Dhundi, a tiny village at the far end of Solang Valley, where you will meet one of the tributaries of Beas. After that, you will find your way to Bakar Thach, westwards of Dhundi. Here is when the trek gets more enchanting by every step. The Bakar meadows is also the first camping site on this trek. If you’re traveling in the summers or monsoon, you might be able to see the beautiful sight of animals grazing on green pastures often called as ‘Shepherd’s Field’.
Hereon, you might experience a steeper climb. On your way, you’ll be able to spot some majestic peaks like Deo Tibba and Indrasan will make you feel like the view probably couldn’t get better, but so it will! When you’re on the Beas Kund Valley, many streams(formed by melted glaciers) coming down from the mountains will delight you with their rumbling fresh water.
Finally, you will lay your eyes on the beauty that is Beas. You’ll cherish the magical aura in the environment where the nature is at its best. Finding a campsite isn’t difficult because any place that you choose will be as amazing as any other place. You could also spend good time there and return to Bakar Thach for overnight camping.
Eat and unwind from a full day of trekking. Relish the climb and take due rest, you truly deserve it. The next day will be followed by making your way down to same Manali you came from. Only, this time, everything will seem different. Congratulations, these are the after effects of experiencing divine beauty first hand! Share your pictures of Beaskund Trek with us and we will feature the exclusive ones on our Instagram Page Tripffee
- Accommodation during Trek (Camping) on sharing basis.
- Meals while on trek (Veg) from day 1st lunch to day 3rd lunch.
- Gear (Sticks + Snow Gaiters + DayBags + Tent + Sleeping Bag + Mats + Lights)
- Transport from Manali – Dhundi – Manali as per the Itinerary
- Certified and experienced Guide, support staff and safty equipment.
- First aid medical kits
- All fees and permits
- Non-veg and Wines
- Porter if needed & hired
- Any Extra meals or Snacks or juice or water that you purchase
- Anything which is not part of inclusion
- Cost Escalation due to “Force Majure” and evacuation charges
1. Backpack with rain cover. Qty -1
2. Headtorch/Torch with spare Batteries. Qty -1
3. U V protection sunglasses. Qty -1
4. 1 Litre water bottle. Qty -2
1. Non-skid deep treaded hiking shoes Qty -1
2. Pair of light weight Slipper/Sandals Qty -1
1. Quick Dry Warm lower or Track Pants. Qty – 2
2. Full sleeves T-shirts/ Sweatshirts. 1 for every 2 days of trekking
3. Pair of thick woolen socks. 1 pair for every two days of trekking
4. Thermal Body warmer Upper & Lower. Qty-1
5. Undergarments. Qty – 1 for every day of trekking
6. Warm jacket closed at wrist & neck .Qty-1
7. Full sleeves sweater. Qty -1
8. Rain wear ( Jacket & Pants ) . Qty-1
9. Pair of Warm Gloves. Qty-1
10. Woolen cap. Qty-1
11. Sun shielding Cap/Hat. Qty -1
1. Personal toiletries kit (Small Towel, Toilet paper, paper soap, Bar soap, toothbrush,
toothpaste, cold cream etc.).
2. Sun screen lotion small pack . Qty -1
3. Lip Balm small pack. Qty-1
1. Camera (Optional)
2. Carry your medicines in plenty in case you have any specific ailment. Consult your doctor
before joining the trek.
3. Dry fruits, Nuts, Chocolate bars, Energy bars (Optional)
Mandatory Documents To Carry
1. Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (adhar card, driving license,
voters ID, etc.)
Are trekking shoes mandatory for the trek?
Trekking shoes are usually more comfortable and make your trek easier but are not mandatory. Shoes which provide good grip and high ankle support are important.
What all documents do I need to carry during the trek?
You just need to carry and original ID card and a photograph.
Do we get mobile signals during the trek ?
Usually there are no networks during the trek. You may get intermittent signals at some points.
Are smoking and drinking permitted during the trek?
Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited at high altitudes for your own good.
Do we require a trekking pole during the trek?
Trekking pole provides you extra support during the treks , it helps you share the weight of the backpack you are carrying. You can carry a trekking pole otherwise you can use a sturdy fallen branch on the trail and use it for support.
What is the source of drinking water during the treks?
Usually you are suggested to carry adequate amount of water with you, but even if your run out of water then natural streams , rivers or water springs are also safe to drink water from.
What kind of food is provided during the trek ?
An all around arranged menu appropriate for high altitude treks. Breakfast fluctuates from bread and butter, semia, poha to sandwiches and cornflakes. Lunch essentially contains roti or puri with sabzi. Dinner is finished with Dal, rice, roti. You may carry nuts , biscuits or energy bars if you wish to.
Can we expect rains during treks ?
Sudden showers are possible as weather can change unexpectedly at high altitudes, always carry a light rain coat or water proof windcheater/poncho.
- Plus 5% GSTBeas Kund TrekRs.5,700
- REGION: Himachal Pradesh
- MAX ALTITUDE: 3,700 metres
- DIFFICULTY: Moderate
- DURATION: 3days
- TREK DISTANCE: 12 KM
GET IN TOUCH WITH OUR TRAVEL EXPERT
GET IN TOUCH WITH OUR TRAVEL EXPERT
For Any Questions Call 9891157557 / 7011546832